2020-2023 Collective Agreement
The collective agreement is the agreement between our parent unions (FNEEQ/CSN) and the CPNC. It sets out the rights, privileges and responsibilities of both the college, and the teachers employed at the college, including working conditions, salary scales, etc.
2015-2020 Collective Agreement
Certain sections of the collective agreement contain the provision:
“The following provisions are part of a recommendation made by the provincial parties and shall be subject to the application of section 59 of An Act respecting the process of negotiation of the collective agreements in the public and parapublic sectors, if agreed upon and signed by the local parties.”
Such clauses are subject to negotiation and/or amendment by individual unions and colleges. Agreements which amend or append such clauses are called “local agreements”. A list of current local agreements between JACFA and John Abbott College may be found below.
- Agreement on Selection Committees
- Agreement on Disputes and Grievances Prevention Committee
- Agreement on the Formative Evaluation of Teaching (September 5, 2006)
- Academic Council (May 31, 2013)
- Program and Gen.-Ed Committees (September 17, 2013)
- Cont.-Ed Hiring Committees (December 4, 2013)
- Agreement on Hiring Faculty for the IYESKUWIIV Springboard to DCS (June 2021)
- Agreement on Hiring Faculty for NUNAVIK SIVUNITSAVUT (June 2021)
- Agreement on Hiring Faculty for Arts, Literature and Communication Inuit (February 2023)
Occasionally, the collective agreement is vague, or does not contain provisions for arising situations. In such cases, a CRT is convened and JACFA and the College attempt to come to an agreement about how the collective agreement should be interpreted. Such agreements are informally known as “CRT Agreements”. A list of active CRT agreements may be found below.