Academic Year 2019-2020
Academic Council is a sub-committee of the Board of Governors which provides advice to the College on all academic issues.
- Violaine Arès, HPR
- Suzanne Black, Chemistry
- Stephen Bryce, Geography
- Anila Hasko, Dental Hygiene
- Sean Hughes, Chemistry
- Manuela Pineros-Rodriquez, Mathematics
- Martin Poirier, Paramedic Care
- Rhoda Sollazzo, Mathematics
- Abe Sosnowicz, English
- Esther Szeben, ILT
- Angela Vella, Foreign Languages
- Kevin Davis, Mathematics
- Catherine Humes, HEPS
- Debbie Lunny, HPR
Faculty Labour Relations Committee (CRT)
The Faculty Labour Relations Committee (CRT) is where JACFA representatives and the College administration meet to discuss and resolve issues concerning the application or interpretation of the collective agreement, including the allocation of teaching resources to disciplines and departments.
- Stephen Bryce, Geography
- Roy Fu, HPR
- Ethan Mombourquette, Mathematics
- Alexandre Panassenko, Mathematics
- Tanya Rowell-Katzemba, HEPS
- Kristina Swiercz, Nursing
Faculty Professional Development Committee
FPDC is a parity committee of JACFA and the College that establishes faculty professional development priorities and allocates the professional development fund.
- David Desjardins, HEPS
- Pierre Dussol, Theatre & Music
- Tracy McKee, Media Arts
- John Serrati, HEPS
- Ryan Young, Media Arts
Financial Review Committee
The JACFA Financial Review Committee meets with JACFA’s Treasurer to review the revenues and expenditures of the association once each semester, and makes recommendations, if necessary, to the Executive and to the General Assembly.
- Michael Nafi, HPR
- Christine Tellier, French
- Carolyn Viger, Physics
The Sustainability Committee advises the College on environmental sustainability issues.
- David Hill, Physical Education
- Edward Hudson, Chemistry
- Alexa Leblanc, HPR
Harassment Awareness Committee
The Harassment Awareness Committee’s work is to advise the College and to raise awareness within the college community about the issue of sexual or psychological harassment.
- Christopher Tromp, Physics
- Geneviève Raymond-Parent, Physical Education
Innovation, Research & Development Committee
The IRDC meets to review and recommend approval of all research projects conducted at the college.
- Michael Dugdale, Physics
- Nabil Khalid, Bio Pharma
- Julien Morency-Laflamme, HEPS
- Liliya Nikolova, Eng. Tech
Food Services Advisory Committee
The Food Service Advisory Committee meets to discuss the results of the annual evaluation surveys for the overall food services offered at the College and to make recommendations on ways to improve this service.
- Antoine Herlin, Mathematics
- Nicholas Tosaj, HEPS
Research Ethics Board
- Shireef Darwish, Biology
- Julie Hanck, Psychology
- Julie Podmore, Geosciences
- Laura Shillington, Geosciences
- Rona Strasser, Biology
For lists of members of committees from past years, click here.