Given the current state of the COVID-19 Pandemic, it appears unlikely that we will be back on campus before the end of the semester. In anticipation for such a scenario, where JACFA would not be able to hold its end-of-term General Assembly, we have devised the following plan for our annual general elections.
Elections for the JACFA Executive will proceed with online nominations, and if necessary, online balloting.
The parameters for this process are as follows:
- The nomination form should be sent to the elections officer, Kevin Davis by email, email@example.com by 4 p.m., Friday May 15, 2020
- There are a total of 6 positions on the executive, one for president and five for directors.
- Should there are as many nominees as there are positions, the nominees will be acclaimed.
- Should there be more than one nominee for the president, or more than five nominees for the directors nominated during the nomination period, an on-line ballot will be held for the respective post(s), orchestrated by the elections officer.
- Should there be fewer nominees than there are positionsduring the nomination period, the nominees will be acclaimed and the vacant post(s) will be filled at the next General Assembly, after our return to campus.
Elections for all other College and JACFA Committees will be postponed until December 2020
- current members will be asked to extend their mandate until December 2020
- with the exception of Academic Council, if a current committee member cannot continue, or a position becomes vacant for any other reason, the executive will appoint an interim member until the next election.
- for Academic Council, if a current member can no longer serve, a member from the current permanent substitute list will be asked to serve
We thank you for your understanding on the matter and look forward to a time where we will be able to gather at a GA again!
The JACFA Executive