Please find here draft minutes from the General Assembly on December 18, 2019. Below is a list of motions passed and members elected at the meeting.
JACFA Executive Structure for Winter 2020
- BIRT JACFA forego a by-election to fill the vacant position on the Executive for the Winter 2020 semester and maintain an Executive of only 5 members until May 2020.
Collective Agreement Negotiations
- BIRT JACFA supports the demands contained in the first wave of sectoral bargaining consultations.
JACFA’s Climate Change Action Plan (continued from Sept. 10, 2019)
- BIRT JACFA not purchase meat-based items for nor serve meat-based items at JACFA sponsored events.
- BIRT JACFA donate $250 to the CSN Christmas basket for striking and locked-out workers.
- BIRT JACFA support La semaine de la Francophonie activities on campus with a $250 contribution.
- BIRT JACFA donate $1000 to the newly formed “Coop Media”, a coalition of workers’ cooperatives that will own and operate Quebec’s “Le Soleil,” Sherbrooke’s “La Tribune,”, Saguenay’s “La Quotidien,” Granby’s “Le Voix de l’Est,” Ottawa/Gatineau’s “Le Droit,” and Trois-Riviere’s “Le Nouvelliste”.
Congratulations to the following member on their election to the ReconciliACTION committee:
- Debbie Lunny (HPR)
- Chris Tromp (Physics)
Congratulations to the following members on their election as Academic Council substitute members
- Debby Lunny (HPR)
- Kevin Davis (Math)
- Catherine Humes (HEPS)