At JACFA’s request, the Labour Relations Committee (CRT) met on Wednesday to discuss the recent MIO’s sent to our some 100 of our members regarding their non-participation in the College’s Emergency Preparedness training last year. At this meeting, the College clarified the following:
- No letters have been placed in the files of any teachers in relation to non-participation in the Emergency Preparedness training.
- The College does not intend to place any letters in teachers’ files as a follow up to the MIOs in question.
The College also indicated that it will expect that all faculty who have not yet attended an Emergency Preparedness training session to do so. To facilitate this, they agreed to:
- offer more sessions by the end of the Fall 2017 semester,
- communicate the dates and times of these sessions to all affected faculty once all the details are finalized,
- make clear in the MIO the expectations of the College, and the consequences for non-attendance,
- designate a contact person, whom faculty may contact to explain their situation if they are unable to attend any of the sessions
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact JACFA office.
The JACFA Executive